Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Super Quick Update

Job Application Sent 8:00 Monday morning.

Request for phone meeting received 3:00 pm that same Monday.

Phone Meeting 4:30 Tuesday afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


WOW!

What, Where, When, How, Why, Who?

Associate Scientist with an MS in Genetics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, etcetera. With 5+ years experience and associated track record of accomplishments (aka-- publications). To do R&D in Process Development. For Intrexon Corporation at the Corporate Research Center- In Blacksburg, Virginia.

Let me say that again. Blacksburg, Virginia.

Not what I was looking for, or where I was looking for it. But pretty darn excited about the possibility. We've already done some preliminary #horsebeforethecart townhouse for rent perusing as well as finding a good traditional Catholic Church we could attend regularly. Our ideal was to be closer to our families in a place that wasnt so expensive to live. This would definitely take care of the latter, with the eventual goal to still be that we could be closer to our families.

Wish me luck, cross your fingers, and keep me in your prayers! Whatever your good luck style is! And Ill leave you with some beautiful images of my home away from home, my beautiful Alma Mater and surrounding countryside. <3

Virginia Tech: Burruss Hall

 The Blue Ridge Mountains

 The Cascades: Giles County, Virginia

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I just applied for a job with the Extension in Nova. And, since you're in the area, do you know of any science type jobs up there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Most of my connections are in government. And nothing is going well with anything in the government right now- even for those of us who are not furloughed. I will definitely keep my eyes and ears open for you though! What type of science would you be looking for specifically?

    ReplyDelete