Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two Years

So Its officially (last Friday) been two years since the robbery.

I keep thinking I should have some meaningful commentary about it, or talk about how I've been getting better since everything happened. But I don't feel like I have anything important to say on that topic. Things are much the same as they have been for the last year.
I'm jittery, and afraid of being home alone. I'm wary of people on the street etc... etc... etc.

I feel like i'm just blah.. blah.. blah- going over the same things over and over again. Which isn't helpful for myself and certainly wouldn't be helpful to anyone else who might come across this and think, 'hey this girl's been through the same thing, maybe she says something that might help me deal with it'. (And is probably annoying for those who haven't been through something similar- they prob think i need to just get over it). Yea sure. I don't think I'm much of a help to anyone, I'd like to be, but if I can't help myself- how can I expect to help others?

So on passes another 'anniversary' of a sort. It weighed heavily on my mind this go around, but that doesn't change a thing- no matter how much I think about it or don't, tell myself i'm safe or know I'm well protected- it doesn't change the worry in my mind. I'm starting to wonder if anything will- even the all wonderful 'time heals all wounds'.

No comments:

Post a Comment