Friday, March 2, 2012

Home Alone

Why is it that being at home by myself has always freaked me out?

My roommate has been gone all week- on a business trip. And each successive day this week I have gotten more and more paranoid about someone breaking into our apartment while im there by myself.
I have no trouble coming home in the middle of the day and taking a nap on the couch- but the sun goes down and I get in bed and every little noise- a door closing in the hallway or my upstairs neighbors stomping around in their apartment jars my overactive imagination- and heaven help if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night- itll be an hour before I manage to get back to sleep.

It got so bad last night I seriously considered starting to stay down at my parents house whenever my roommates away.... I even for a moment considered moving back down to my hometown when my lease is up (My parents would love this- I would hate it!). I know both of these options would only perpetuate my fear however and I need to get over it- I need to figure out something so that I stop getting freaked out all of the time.
I keep thinking I should sleep with headphones in or play soft classical music- but then my head interferes and says "no id rather know if something was coming rather than to be suddenly jarred awake by the breaking down of my bedroom door. (Seriously im way too over dramatic). I dont know what to do... luckily my roommate will be home soon and Ill have a little bit of time to mull things over.

No comments:

Post a Comment